Designed to meet the needs of smaller spaces, the Osburn 1700 combines robustness and elegance to allow you to enjoy your heating experience with confidence. This unit is equipped with high-density bricks, a cast iron door, a built-in ash pan, a top heat deflector that redirects heat to the front of the unit, and side panels to reduce its clearances.
Choose your favorite version by customizing the unit to suit your style: refined door overlays, new leg designs, glass ash lip; significant innovations for the most seasoned experts. Exceeding air quality regulations with emissions as low as 1.26 g/h, the Osburn 1700's efficiency will save you time and money.
- Combustion technology Non-catalytic
- High-efficiency certified appliance Yes, EPA 2020 approved
- Maximum log length 18"
- Log positioning Over width
- Chimney diameter 6"
- Flue outlet diameter 6"
- Type of chimney CAN/ULC S629, UL 103 HT (2100 °F)
- Minimum chimney height (feet) 15'
- Baffle type C-Cast
- Approved for an alcove installation Yes
- Approved for a mobile home installation Yes, with fresh air intake
- Shipping Weight 331 lb (150 kg)
- Door type Single, glass with cast iron frame
- Glass type Ceramic glass
- Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height) 15 3/4" x 9 3/8"
- Glass air-wash system Yes
- Overall dimension (Height) 30 3/8"
- Overall dimension (Width) 24 7/8"
- Overall dimension (Depth) 23 1/4"
- Door opening – dimension (Height) 8 3/4"
- Door opening - dimension (Width) 17 1/4"
- Firebox – dimension (Height) 11 7/8"
- Firebox – dimension (Width) 19 5/8"
- Firebox – dimension (Depth) 13 1/2"
- Firebox lined with refractory bricks for better heat distribution Yes
- Stainless-steel secondary-air system improving gas combustion Yes
- Steel thickness – body 3/16"
- Steel thickness – top 5/16"
- USA standard (emissions) EPA
- Canadian Standard (emissions) CSA B415.1-10
- USA standard (safety) UL 1482, UL 737
- Canadian standard (safety) ULC S627
- Tested and listed as per applicable standards By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)
- Warranty Limited lifetime
- Fuel type : Dry cordwood
- Recommended heating area-ft² : 500 - 1,800
- Overall firebox volume : 1.9
- EPA loading volume-ft³ : 1.44
- Maximum burn time : 6 h
- Maximum heat output (dry cordwood) : 65,000 BTU/h (19 kW)
- Overall heat output rate < : 15,650 BTU/h (4.6 kW) to 23,300 BTU/h (6.83 kW)
- Average overall efficiency (EPA cribs/Douglas fir) : N.A. (HHV) N.A. (LHV)
- Average overall efficiency (dry cordwood) : 70 % (HHV) 75 % (LHV)
- Optimum efficiency : 78 %
- Average particulate emissions rate : 1.26 g/h
- Average CO :58 g/h
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.