The 9700 Series Furnace features a two-stage gas valve and a variable-speed energy efficient ECM blower motor.
Continentals two-stage furnace reduces temperature swings within your home, maintaining a more consistent, comfortable temperature. At up to 97.1% AFUE, the 9700 furnaces will operate on low fire for greater efficiency and comfort for most of the heating season.
On colder days, when the first stage cannot satisfy the heating demand, the furnace can (automatically) switch to the second stage, producing more heat to satisfy demand.
Ultimately this balancing of the heat production results in quieter operation cycles and less energy being consumed throughout the heating season. An added benefit is increased comfort due to better balanced temperatures in the home.
9700 Series Exclusive Features
Corrosion Resistant Heavy Gauge Aluminized Steel Tubular Triple-Pass Heat Exchanger
Built in LED Lights in upper and lower compartments automatically turn on when door is opened
Ultra Violet Light Air Purifier to improve indoor Air Quality and helps kill bacteria comes standard.
High EfficiencyCorrosion Resistant Heavy Gauge Aluminized-Steel Tubular Triple-Pass Exchanger
- Controlled wrinkle-bend design of heat exchanger creates tubes with consistent thickness and no weak areas
- Highly-efficient triple pass tubular design has a large surface area to maximize heat transfer
- Each row of tubes is offset to increase turbulence in the airflow and maximize heat transfer
High Quality Components
Self Diagnostic Integrated Furnace Control (IFC)
- Built in LED lights in upper and lower compartments automatically turn on when bottom door is opened
- The patented “SureView” window offers a unique view of the flame in operation
- Contains LED service indicator lights to ensure quick and accurate service calls
- Constantly monitors all safety devices
- Interfaces with additional home comfort products using simple plug-in connections
- Mounted between the blower rails for easy accessibility
Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM)
- Reduces electrical consumption by up to 80% over conventional blower motors
- Soft-start soft-stop operation reduces noise levels by gradually increasing motor RPM’s at start-up and ramping down slowly on shut down
- On continuous fan speed, the ECM motor consumes 60-80 watts compared to a 400 watts for a conventional motor reducing electrical consumption up to 80%
- Whisper Quiet operation
- Blower is easily removed for servicing with the removal of two screws and a plug-in electrical connector
Durable Sound Reducing Insulated Cabinet
- Baked-on powder coat paint resists scratching and corrosion (no sharp edges)
- Acoustically insulated blower compartment & thermally insulated heat exchanger compartment for quiet operation and reduced clearance to combustibles
Easy Installation and Maintenance
- Up flow only
- Factory-fired and tested for trouble-free start-ups
- Self-diagnostic Integrated Furnace Control (IFC) is mounted between the blower rails for easy accessibility
- Multiple intake/venting, gas pipe and electrical connection options
- Shortest 97% + AFUE furnace on the market with 32 7/8” height and offering two cabinet width sizes 17 1/2” and 22 1/2”
- Zero clearance in all positions, provides installation ease in closets and alcoves
- Direct vent (two pipe) and single vent (one pipe) certified with optional concentric venting kit
- Integrated Furnace Control board manages all operational functions and accommodates hook-ups for a humidifier, HRV, and electronic air cleaner
- Continental Elite Communicating Thermostat ready
- Natural gas only
- Interior condensation trap for left or right drainage options
- Clear condensate collector to view furnace performance
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.